dal IILE libro di testo
Revision Reading 1-3 pp 8-13
What to study - core (compulsory) subjects and optional subjects:
- criminal law, contract law, land law, equity and trusts, administrative law and constitutional law, family law, employment law and housing law, company law, commercial law, litigation and arbitration.
Where to work:
- Large law practice/firm
- Commercial practice
- Sole practitioner
- Law clinic
Legal writing, legal research, legal practice, legal assistance, legal community,
Law degree programme, law student, law practice, law clinic, law firm
Language from reading 1
- Adverb+adjective: intellectually stimulating
- Verb+preposition: to lead to something; to decide on something; to get involved with something
- Preposition+noun: in addition
- Verb+noun: to take a course/subject;to run a partnership; to offer a course; to offer assistance; to hire new recruits
- Verb+verb: to go on to become something
- Adjective+noun: future career; local community; day-to-day work; a good command (of English)
- Noun+noun: work experience
Language from Reading 2:
From contract law: formation, interpretation, performance and enforcement of contracts, offer and acceptance, consideration.
From Tort Law: liability for intentional and negligently caused injures to person and property; strict liability; vicarious liability; ultra-hazardous activities; products liability; nuisance; invasion of privacy; defamation; damages; losses.
From Ciminal Law: crime against persons, property and public administration; the law of homicide
From Evidence: relevancy, hearsay, impeachment, cross-examination.
From Criminal Procedure: regulation of law enforcement, investigation of crimes, search and seizure, electronic surveillance, entrapment,
From Constitutional Law: judicial function, distribution under the constitution, immunities under the constitution.
From legal research & writing: to acquaint students with …; analyze judicial opinions; legal citation; techniques of writing memoranda and briefs.
- Language focus pag 17
- Reading 1 pp 18-19 ex 5-8
- Extra practice- Choose the best answer (A,B or C) Vocabulary –
- Traduzione lessico sopra illustrato e riportato nei commenti (reading 2)